Welcome to THEM
Where Alliances Are Forged!
Fun Contests, Events, and More!
When & Where
Who We Are
If you’re curious about what goes on during the weekly meetings, here’s a quick rundown of what happens when
- Meetings always start with someone yelling, “Shut up, shut up, we’re having a meeting!” That’s THEM’s way of quieting all the side chatter.
- Shortly thereafter you’ll hear someone yell “Assume the position!” and then see folks throwing money at a person standing in the corner. That’s THEM’s way of collecting dues: the Money-Grubbing Slime (i.e., Treasurer) stands in a corner and everyone (gently) throws pocket change at them. If you don’t have any change or don’t want to participate, don’t worry, tossing money at the Slime is totally optional.
- One of the first items of business is introducing new people. If it’s your first time at a THEM meeting, don’t be shy, stand up and be recognized! They’ll probably ask you to say your name, year, major, and how you heard about THEM.
- After that, all the sub-groups of THEM report in, announce upcoming events, and coordinate last-minute details of activities.
THEMcalls their sub-groups SIGs (Special Interest Groups) and Cartels. If you hear a SIG or Cartel mention an event that sounds interesting to you, tug on their sleeve after the meeting and they’ll be happy to give you more info.
- Once all the SIGs and Cartels report in and all announcements have been made, the last item on the agenda is always a thing called Five Seconds. Everyone gets about five seconds to say wha
teverthey want about anything they want. If you’re shy, you can just say “Pass”, but feel free to mention something good that happened to you today, a great movie or game you’ve seen/played recently, or even your opinion of buffaloshaving.
- After Five Seconds, someone will say, “Seeing and hearing no further business I declare this meeting over!” That’s the signal that the meeting has concluded.
Usuallyat this pointpeople arrange where to go for dinner. If you don’t want to come to dinner you don’t have to, but dinner is where you get to meet other members of THEM, hang out, and talk about recent happenings and other interesting stuff. THEMusually picks relatively cheap and close-by places to eat and rides are always available, so come along and have fun for an evening!